Salt to taste
1. Slice your potatoes evenly
2. Heat pan with small amount of coconut oil
3. Place in oil flat on one side
4. Cook side until golden brown
6. Cook until other side is golden brown
7. Eat your heart out!
Over the weekend I bought a bag of small red potatoes. Wanting to indulge, I decided I wanted from fries! With little olive oil left, and not wanting to buy more any time soon, I dug into my coconut oil. I actually use it as a makeup remover and moisturizer, but I'm happy I tried it out with these fries! It gave it a subtle sweetness.
Lazy tip: Slice with a mandolin or counter top slicer, that way you get even pieces and don't have to worry about slicing off a finger. Just make sure to use the safety guard so you don't hurt yourself!