Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Soy Chorizo & Cabbage
1/2 Cabbage, sliced
1 or 2 Carrots, sliced
2 stalks Celery, sliced
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 Tbsp Paprika
1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1. In a saucepan, put a thin layer of veggie broth
2. Put all veggies & paprika & garlic powder
3. Saute in veggie broth until carrots and celery are tender, not soggy!
4. While veggies are cooking, fry up some soy chorizo (in a non stick pan, you don't even need oil!)
5. Mix together
6. Flavor with salt & pepper to taste
7. Eat your heart out!
This is my vegetarian take on corned beef & cabbage, even though it is a little more Mexican. The soy chorizo gives it a nice spice, especially against the taste of the cabbage and carrots. Also, by sauteing in veggie broth, it is healthier than in oil!
I just made this for dinner and it was delicious! I forgot how much I loved Trader Joe's soy chorizo. It is a must for your fridge!