Sunday, March 11, 2012

Yucca Fries



Ingredients:

Yucca root
Oil (Extra Virgin Olive, Coconut... your choice!)
Salt, pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Prepare the Yucca root.
*Be very careful! Take off all the brown until you're left with the insides
2. Slice into pieces
*You can go with strips or circles, depending on your preference.
3. Boil until soft
4. Drain & blot
5. Mix with salt, pepper & oil
6. Put on baking sheet (I used tinfoil on a cookie sheet, with non stick oil spray)
7. Bake 10 minutes
8. Eat your heart out!





Who knew Yucca tasted just like a potato?

And, info found here shows that it is fat free, saturated fat free, cholesterol free, very low in sodium, and an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese.
Nutrition Facts Label for Yucca Root: Health Benefits : Calories in Yucca Root: Fruits & Veggies More Matters.org

*Lazy Tip: I made this while I was making my first Seitan. To steam the seitan before baking, I boiled water under a strainer placed on the pot. I threw the Yucca to boil right below - double duty!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment